***THIS IS A PRELIMINARY DOCUMENT AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE RACE APPROVAL**
Hub Event Productions is bringing a 3 event Junior Mountain Bike Series to the Valley.
#1 McDowell – Nov 7 2020
#2 Estrella – Nov 28 2020
#3 Papago Park – Dec 5 2020
Please review our RETURN TO RACING protocols for all the preventive measures we are taking during the Pandemic.
General statement regarding CV19 and these events –
In simplest terms, if you don’t feel well, stay at home.
If you have experienced symptoms within 14 days of racing, stay at home.
If you are not comfortable racing under the protocols or they are not stringent enough for you, don’t sign up or race.
We are simply trying to provide an option to race with guidelines that are acceptable to the county for an event.
Agreement Not to Attend
All athletes will agree not to attend if they are sick or have experienced any COVID symptoms 14 days prior to the event. You will be asked to sign off on the COVID-19 wavier online and/or in person, before check in. This wavier can be found HERE.
Family and friends not competing will be expected to be kept to a minimum.
Safe Race Event Guidelines
Race format is a time trial. In a time trial, riders set off on a circuit at staggered intervals in a race against the clock. The elapsed time from start to finish, plus any time penalties, is used as the rider’s total time for the event and determines placement relative to other riders in the same category.
Only one team will race at a time – boys and girls, high school and middle school together. Riders will be started at a constant interval and the order will be determined by the team’s coaches.
Events will be held 1 day from 8a – 4p with a limited field of 300 total participants. Teams will have an assigned start time and may not arrive more than 2 hours from that start time.
Girls: Varsity / JV/ Freshman / 8th Grade / 7th Grade / 6th Grade
Boys: Varsity / JV/ Freshman / 8th Grade / 7th Grade / 6th Grade
Top 3 Age Group awards and Top 3 Age Group Series award
Top 5 Team Awards for the Series
Team standings are based on points from each race. Points come from age group placing. Top 5 places from race are used to calculate team standing
**Race director reserves the right to adjust categories as necessary to accommodate team size and participation**
- Riders must compete on a Team. Teams are made up of a minimum of 5 riders. This is the fun part! Compete with your existing team OR just get together with your friends and make a “team”! The only requirement is you have parent, guardian or coach accompany you to the event, bring your own bike and helmets are mandatory.
- This event is not associated with the National Interscholastic Cycling Association so therefore no school names or mascots may be used in the Team Name. Create a new team name to compete in this event.
- Team Time Trial – Athletes race individually against the clock.
- Assigned times – Teams are assigned a start time and finish time.
- One Way – The course is one-way so that athletes will not overlap unless passed.
- Exit promptly – Once finished, the team will clear the area, following the exit route, and the next team will move in.
- Team in cue – Team next in line may arrive to the “Team Holding” area up to 15 minutes before their assigned start
- Teams – Teams are considered one unit and safe because they are together at weekly practice sessions.
- Awards – there are no formal awards ceremony. Age Group and Team Standings will be available online when all teams are finished racing.
REGISTRATION / PARTICIPATION
- Waiver – Each participant must register themselves and have a parent/guardian sign the waiver
- Registration – Online Registration Only. No onsite registration available
- Registration closes 3 days prior to the event (Tuesday at 8pm of race week).
- Start List – Coaches will provide race director a start list, in order, by Thursday of race week at 5PM.
- Agreement not to attend:
- All athletes will agree not to attend if they are sick or have experienced any COVID symptoms 14 days prior to the event.
- Family and friends not competing will be expected to be kept to a minimum.
- Athletes (from different teams) will not congregate before or after the event and will be requested to socially distance at all times.
- Self Support – Riders are required to be self-sufficient carrying flat tire repair and necessary food and water during their race
- No Aid Stations are on course
- Feed Zone – A feed zone is available in the start/finish area for no more than 8 people present at one time in a designated 225 foot area.
- Venue amenities:
- Packet Pick Up Tent –*see Low Contact Packet Pick up for details.
- Medical Services – professional medical team will conduct safety checks of the venue and athletes and provide medical services for injuries
- Self-serve water station & Prepackaged Food – Bars and gels will be available and prepackaged. New, no-touch water dispensers will be available for self-serve water bottle filling both at the start/finish area. Water is dispensed by pushing a bottle into the dispenser or with a foot pedal.
- Neutral Support – Local bike shop providing assistance of minor bike repairs for participants with proper social distance guidelines in place.
PARKING AND CAMPING:
For camping please visit the Maricopa Parks website and reserve camping directly. Parking is available at each venue however to limit numbers we ask that teams do not arrive earlier then 2 hours before their start time. Warm up and practice away from the starting venue and other teams when possible.
PACKET PICK UP
- Packet Pick-Up – Pre-assembled packets including handlebar ties, race plates and custom face covering will be available in a labeled bag for the entire team. The coach may pick up the team’s bag. If you are racing all 3 events you will only receive one bag and use the same race plate at each race
RESULTS / AWARDS
- Individual Results – With rolling Time Trials – your individual time will be available onsite
- Team Results – since this is a time trial event, team results will not be calculated until all athletes and teams have raced
- Overall Results – since this is a time trial event, your overall position in your category will not be available until all athletes have raced
- Series – the series will be a 3 race series, all events will count with no dropped events, you must race in the same category for all points to count
- Awards – to limit contact and keep social distancing, there will not be any onsite awards, athletes will receive their recognition via social media and final results.
- Individual Awards per race and Overall for the series – 3 deep per category
- Team Awards for the series – 5 deep
- Face Coverings
- A cool, custom tubular bandana face covering, individually packaged from the manufacturer are provided to each registered team member as part of their pre-assembled goodie bag.
- All attendees (athletes and spectators) will be expected to cover their nose and mouth when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- On the course athletes may opt to ride without a face covering
TOUCHLESS AID STATIONS
- Hand sanitizer – will be placed throughout the event venue.
- New no-touch water dispensers available for self-serve water bottle filling at the start/finish line. Water is dispensed by pushing a bottle into the dispenser or with a foot pedal.
- Pre-packaged bars and gels – will be available at self-serve tables in the main venue
- Self-sufficient racing required
- Athletes will be asked to be self-sufficient carrying their own food and water.
A professional medical team will be onsite.