Hub Event Productions is bringing a 3 event Junior Mountain Bike Race Series to the Valley.
#1 McDowell – Nov 7, 2020
#2 Estrella – Nov 28, 2020
#3 Papago Park – Dec 5, 2020
$35 per head per race
Fees will increase to $40 the Monday of race week.
Please review our RETURN TO RACING protocols for all the preventive measures we are taking during the Pandemic.
Safe Race Event Format
Our aim is to get kids racing bikes! This initial Junior Race Series is dedicated to the experienced rider. Our goal is to expand the racing to encompass all ages and abilities but for 2020 we will focus on the middle and high school mountain bike racer.
The race format is: Time Trial. Each rider races against the clock and is scored in their category (categories based on grade level). For those riders competing on a team there are team points up for grabs with the Top 5 teams determined at the final race.
Start Times: Each rider or team will be assigned a start time on race week.
Team Start: If you are competing with a team your entire team will be assigned a start time. Within that window each category will race together.
Individual: Individual riders (not on a team) will be assigned a start time for their time trial. Please show up at least 10 min prior to your start.
Racing: Will take place 8a – 4p with a limited field of 300 total participants.
Girls: Varsity / JV/ Freshman / 8th Grade / 7th Grade / 6th Grade
Boys: Varsity / JV/ Freshman / 8th Grade / 7th Grade / 6th Grade
Top 3 Age Group awards per event
Top 3 Age Group awards for the series
Top 5 Series Winner – The top 5 teams after the three race series will receive custom awards!
Riders points are calculated based on rank within distance and gender – specifically these 4 groupings:
- Male 6th / 7th / 8th Grade (Overall)
- Female 6th / 7th / 8th Grade (Overall)
- Male Freshman / Jr Varsity / Varsity (Overall)
- Female Freshman / Jr Varsity / Varsity (Overall)
Points will be assigned as follows 100 points for 1st place, 99 points for 2nd place and so on.
Team points from a given race will be the sum of the top 5 point winners from each team.
**Race director reserves the right to adjust categories as necessary to accommodate team size and participation**
- Self Support – Riders are required to be self-sufficient carrying flat tire repair and necessary food and water during their race
- No Aid Stations are on course
- Feed Zone – A feed zone is available in the start/finish area for no more than 8 people present at one time in a designated 225 foot area.
- Venue amenities:
- Packet Pick Up Tent –*see Low Contact Packet Pick up for details.
- Medical Services – professional medical team will conduct safety checks of the venue and athletes and provide medical services for injuries
- Self-serve water station & Prepackaged Food – Bars and gels will be available and prepackaged. New, no-touch water dispensers will be available for self-serve water bottle filling both at the start/finish area. Water is dispensed by pushing a bottle into the dispenser or with a foot pedal.
- Neutral Support – Local bike shop providing assistance of minor bike repairs for participants with proper social distance guidelines in place.
- This event is not associated with the National Interscholastic Cycling Association
- One Way – The course is one-way so that athletes will not overlap unless passed.
- Exit promptly – Once finished, the team will clear the area, following the exit route, and the next team will move in.
- Team/Racer in queue – Team/Racer next in line may arrive to the “Holding Area” up to 15 minutes before their assigned start
- Teams – Teams are considered one unit and safe because they are together at weekly practice sessions.
- Awards – there are no formal awards ceremony. Age Group and Team Standings will be available online when all teams are finished racing. The super cool custom awards will be mailed out!
REGISTRATION / PARTICIPATION
- Team Names – when registering, be sure to be consistent with team names
- Example – use “Unicorns are Rad” not “UniCRons are Dad”
- If someone on your team has input the team name it will be listed
- If your team name is not yet listed, select “other” and input your team name
- Waiver – Each participant must register themselves and have a parent/guardian sign the waiver as well as Meet and Agree to the COVID verbal screening questionnaire.
- Registration – Online Registration Only. No onsite registration available. Registration fee is $35 per kid/per race and increases race week
- Registration closes Thursday of race week
- Agreement not to attend:
- All athletes will agree not to attend if they are sick or have experienced any COVID symptoms 14 days prior to the event.
- Family and friends not competing will be expected to be kept to a minimum.
- Athletes (from different teams) will not congregate before or after the event and will be requested to socially distance at all times.
General statement regarding CV19 and these events –
In simplest terms, if you don’t feel well, stay at home.
If you have experienced symptoms within 14 days of racing, stay at home.
If you are not comfortable racing under the protocols or they are not stringent enough for you, don’t sign up or race.
We are simply trying to provide an option to race with guidelines that are acceptable to the county for an event.
Agreement Not to Attend
All athletes will agree not to attend if they are sick or have experienced any COVID symptoms 14 days prior to the event. You will be asked to sign off on the COVID-19 wavier online and/or in person, before check in. This wavier can be found HERE.
Family and friends not competing will be expected to be kept to a minimum.
REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY:
We know life can get in the way sometimes, and inevitably sometimes you can’t make it…but we plan on you being there. Rather than cut you no slack, we offer more than most:
Up until 4 weeks out – 50% refund
Inside of 4 weeks till the event, no refunds
PARKING AND CAMPING:
For camping please visit the Maricopa Parks website and reserve camping directly. Parking is available at each venue however to limit numbers we ask that teams do not arrive earlier then 2 hours before their start time. Warm up and practice away from the starting venue and other teams when possible.
PACKET PICK UP
- Packet Pick-Up – Pre-assembled packets including handlebar ties, race plates and custom face covering.
- Coaches may pick up all packets for the team.
RESULTS / AWARDS
- Individual Results – your individual time will be available onsite
- Team Results – since this is a time trial event, team results will not be calculated until all athletes and teams have raced
- Overall Results – since this is a time trial event, your overall position in your category will not be available until all athletes have raced
- Series – the series will be a 3 race series, all events will count with no dropped events, you must race in the same category for all points to count
- Awards – to limit contact and keep social distancing, there will not be any onsite awards, athletes will receive their recognition via social media and final results.
- Individual Awards per race and Overall for the series – 3 deep per category
- Team Awards for the series – 5 deep
- Face Coverings
- A cool, custom tubular bandana face covering, individually packaged from the manufacturer are provided to each registered team member as part of their pre-assembled goodie bag.
- All attendees (athletes and spectators) will be expected to cover their nose and mouth when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- On the course athletes may opt to ride without a face covering
TOUCHLESS AID STATIONS
- Hand sanitizer – will be placed throughout the event venue.
- New no-touch water dispensers available for self-serve water bottle filling at the start/finish line. Water is dispensed by pushing a bottle into the dispenser or with a foot pedal.
- Pre-packaged bars and gels – will be available at self-serve tables in the main venue
- Self-sufficient racing required
- Athletes will be asked to be self-sufficient carrying their own food and water.
A professional medical team will be onsite.